Over 450 investors, owners, developers, and other principals attended the Marcus & Millichap Commercial Real Estate Summit: Los Angeles for a full day of programming along with a networking breakfast, lunch, and post conference cocktail reception on February 27th, 2014
This conference brought together Los Angeles’ most important and influential real estate leaders to discuss the latest industry trends in office, industrial, and retail. Top speakers included:
Check out the recap from the event and see more pictures here.
What Made This Event Unique?
- The only full day event to offer Los Angeles focused sessions on the different asset classes of industrial, medical office, and retail real estate.
- Top industry experts discuss the effects of the Affordable Care Act on the medical office demand in Los Angeles.
- Over 35 top owners & investors discuss the trends affecting commercial real estate in Los Angeles.
Kenneth Lombard, Partner, Capri Capital Partners
Ken Lombard is Vice Chairman – Investments and Partner at Capri Capital Partners, LLC, and a member of Capri’s Investment Committee. He is responsible for equity and structured finance investments as well as asset management for the firm. Lombard manages the $538 million Capri Urban Fund that invests in the development, redevelopment and repositioning of well-located commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate properties in densely-populated urban markets. Over the past two years, Lombard’s team has invested in real estate assets valued at more than $1.1 billion.
Steve Soboroff, President, Los Angeles Police Commission
Steve is President of the Los Angeles Police Commission, appointed in August 2013 by Mayor Eric Garcetti and elected President by his fellow Police Commissioners, as well as Chairman of the Board of The Weingart Foundation, a major philanthropic institution serving the needs of Southern California, Chairman of the Executive Committee of Friends Of EXPO Center, one the largest urban community recreation facilities in the United States, Senior Advisor to the California Science Center/NASA project that relocated the Space Shuttle Endeavour to a permanent museum in Exposition Park, and Chairman of the ParksSave campaign to preserve funding for Los Angeles parks.
Confirmed Speakers Included:
- Loryn Dunn Arkow, Partner, Kelley Drye and Warren
- Pat Barber, VP of Real Estate, Smart & Final
- Richard Chase, President – Acquisitions, Penwood
- Bradley Cox, Senior Managing Director, Trammell Crow
- Amy Forbes, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Thomas Hanley, Partner, Loeb & Loeb
- Jilliene Helman, CEO & Co-Founder, Realty Mogul
- José Huizar, Councilmember, Los Angeles City Council
- Jay Kerner, Chief Executive Officer, US Realty Partners
- Jay Krigsman, Executive VP – Asset Manager, Krausz Companies
- David Lebowitz, Executive Vice President, G&L Realty
- Kenneth Lombard, Partner, Capri Capital Partners
- Paul Loubet, Western Regional Director – NRG, Marcus & Millichap
- Allison Lynch, VP – Asset Management, Watt Companies
- Scott Mackey, Principal, Lionakis
- David Manshoory, Founder & CEO, Asset Avenue
- Kelly Masuda, Chief Investment Officer, Caruso Affiliated
- Neil Mishurda, Partner & Co-Founder, Pacific Industrial
- Ross Mitchell, President, Dunbar Investments
- Sean Moghavem, President, Archway Holdings
- David Mossman, Chief Investment Officer, Donahue Schriber
- Stefan Oh, SVP – Acquisitions, Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II
- Mark Payne, Partner, Panattoni
- John Pollock, Chief Operations Officer, Meridian
- Alan Pontius, Senior Vice President, Marcus & Millichap
- Eric Remensperger, Partner, Proskauer
- Richard Riordan, Former Mayor, Los Angeles
- Mark Schurgin, President, Festival Companies
- Carol Schatz, President & CEO, LA Downtown Center Business Improvement District
- John Smelter, 1st Vice President – Investments, Marcus & Millichap
- Kim Snyder, President – US Southwest Region, Prologis
- Steve Soboroff, President, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Joseph Soleiman, Director of Acquisitions, ICO Group
- Neil Soskin, VP – Real Estate, Primestor
- Timur Tecimer, Chief Executive Officer, Overton Moore Properties
- Roger Vincent, Staff Writer – Commercial Real Estate, Los Angeles Times
- Sondra Wenger, 1st Vice President – Investments, CIM Group
- Gary Willard, Western Director – NOIPG, Marcus & Millichap
- Richard Ziman, Chairman, Rexford Industrial
- State of the LA Market: Downtown LA’s Transformation
- Million Dollar Baby: The Future of the Industrial Real Estate
- Confessions of a Shopaholic Retail Trends in Leasing and Sales
- What’s up Doc?: Healthcare & The Future Demand on Medical Office and Retail Space
- The Secret of My Succe$s:The Lessons Behind Retail’s Biggest Deals
- Inception: The Innovation and Design of Industrial Development
- A League of their Own: The Industrial Market’s Demands, Projections & Investment