8:00 AM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
Join us for the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and network with fellow owners, investors, developers, and financiers.
9:00 AM – General Session
9:15 AM – General Session
State of the LA Market: Are We Suffering from PTSD?
Over the past few years we have seen a rebound in the market but with the fear of higher interest rates looming, what does this mean for 2014? Hear about the status of the recovery, the current trends in the capital markets, projections for 2014, and where we are in the cycle.
9:45 AM – General Session
The Big Lebowski: Morning Keynote
- Kenneth Lombard, Partner, Capri Capital Partners
- Roger Vincent, Staff Writer – Commercial Real Estate, Los Angeles Times
10:15 AM – General Session
Million Dollar Baby: Downtown L.A.’s Transformation
Hot issues like transportation, economic development, retail, and the revitalization of Broadway are the talk of Downtown. Why are developers and investors bullish on Downtown? Learn about the plans for Downtown and how the current projects are creating a hip and cool place to be.
- Amy Forbes, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- José Huizar, Councilmember, Los Angeles City Council
- David Manshoory, Founder & CEO, Asset Avenue
- Carol Schatz, President & CEO, LA Downtown Center Business Improvement District
- Joseph Soleiman, Director of Acquisitions, ICO Group
- Sondra Wenger, 1st Vice President – Investments, CIM Group
11:10 AM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Enjoy a delicious mid-morning snack and refreshments, while mingling and comparing notes with active developers, real estate managers, owners, investors, and capital sources.
11:45 AM – A – Concurrent Session
Confessions of a Shopaholic: Retail Trends in Leasing and Sales
This session will discuss the future of retail and what’s next for developers, tenants and consumers. We will dig deep into what makes this important industry segment tick, hear valuable leasing stats and investment sales trends, debate e-commerce and the opportunities surrounding it, and how tenants and developers will adapt. Major grocery retailers are also making a huge impact on the retail market. Where can this trend expand to?
- Paul Loubet, Western Regional Director – NRG, Marcus & Millichap
- Pat Barber, VP of Real Estate, Smart & Final
- Allison Lynch, VP – Asset Management, Watt Companies
- Jay Krigsman, Executive VP – Asset Manager, Krausz Companies
- Neil Soskin, VP – Real Estate, Primestor
11:45 AM – B – Concurrent Session
What’s up Doc?: Healthcare & The Future Demand on Medical Office and Retail Space
There are now several factors boosting the demand for healthcare real estate, including demographics and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- What does this mean for healthcare-related real estate and medical office development and investment?
- As the cost of maintaining these facilities are sky high, are there multiple uses for these developments?
- Gary Willard, Western Director – NOIPG, Marcus & Millichap
- David Lebowitz, Vice President, G&L Realty Corp.
- Scott Mackey, Principal, Lionakis
- Sean Moghavem, President, Archway Holdings
- Stefan Oh, SVP – Acquisitions, Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II
- John Pollock, Chief Operations Officer, Meridian
- John Smelter, 1st Vice President – Investments, Marcus & Millichap
12:45 PM – A – Concurrent Session
Inception: The Innovation and Design of Industrial Development
This interactive session will provide an in-depth look at how and why development decisions are made in today’s industrial environment. What are the drivers that are impacting the innovations and the adoption of new designs? How has development challenges and successes changed the look of the industrial marketplace?
- Eric Remensperger, Partner, Proskauer
- Neil Mishurda, Partner & Co-Founder, Pacific Industrial
- Mark Payne, Partner, Panattoni
- Kim Snyder, President – US Southwest Region, Prologis
- Timur Tecimer, Chief Executive Officer, Overton Moore Properties
12:45 PM – B – Concurrent Session
The Secret of My Succe$s: The Lessons Behind Retail’s Biggest Deals
The top retail investors and developers will break down their biggest deals over the past year. Learn how they were financed and discover how they are faring against projected expectations. Find out how these deals are indicative of larger trends and the key lessons learned. How are these top players adjusting their strategies going forward for the remainder of the year and beyond?
- Thomas Hanley, Partner, Loeb & Loeb
- Jilliene Helman, CEO & Co-Founder, Realty Mogul
- Jay Kerner, Chief Executive Officer, US Realty Partners
- Kelly Masuda, Chief Investment Officer, Caruso Affiliated
- David Mossman, Chief Investment Officer, Donahue Schriber
- Mark Schurgin, President, Festival Companies
1:35 PM - Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Networking Lunch & Exhibits
2:45 PM – General Session
2:50 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
L.A. Confidential – Afternoon Keynote
- Steve Soboroff, President, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Richard Riordan, Former Mayor, Los Angeles
3:30 PM – General Session
A League of their Own: The Industrial Markets Demands, Projections & Investment
Retail, wholesale, e-commerce and logistics requirements are driving the industrial demand. Even with increased construction, steady demand has kept vacancies low.
- Will demand continue and outpace supply?
- What requirements are industrial tenants demanding?
- Will the higher rents will Los Angeles be able to compete with the Inland Empire?
- Loryn Dunn Arkow, Partner, Kelley Drye and Warren
- Bradley Cox, Senior Managing Director, Trammell Crow
- Ross Mitchell, President, Dunbar Investments
- Richard Ziman, Chairman, Rexford Industrial
4:20 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Refreshments and Networking
Join us for the opportunity to enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and network with fellow owners, investors, developers, financiers and operators.