8:00 AM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
Join us for the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and network with fellow owners, investors, developers, and financiers.
8:55 AM – General Session
9:00 AM – General Session/Market Overview
View From the Top: A Market Outlook from LA’s Leading Developers, Owners and Investors
This session will bring together top investors and developers who led some of the largest deals over the past few years. Find out how these deals are indicative of larger trends and the key lessons learned. How are these top players adjusting their strategies going forward for the remainder of the year and beyond?
- Robert Osbrink, Regional Manager – Newport Beach, Marcus & Millichap
- John Hagestad, Managing Director, Sares-Regis
- Chris Meany, Principal, Wilson Meany
- Dean Rostovsky, Director of Acquisitions – Southern California, Clarion Partners
- David Thomas, Principal, LBA Realty
- Mark Whitfield, Executive Vice President – Operations, Donahue-Schriber
10:00 AM – Morning Keynote
Downtown Los Angeles: A 115 Year Old Story
- Wayne Ratkovich, President & CEO, The Ratkovich Company
10:30 AM – General Session
Supply and Demand: Driving Deal Flow
How can Southern California investors maintain the deal volume necessary to put idle capital to work while avoiding excess risk inherent in non-core deals? This panel will address key strategies that investors and deal sponsors are employing in world of high asset prices and low cap rates.
- Where are investors turning to find deals today? Which property types are coming into favor?
- Should investors look increasingly at development or re-development vs. performing properties?
- Which areas of the city are showing the greatest promise in terms of deal flow and cap rates?
- How does debt investment compare to equity investment in the current environment?
- Loryn Arkow, Partner, Kelley Drye
- Steve Corrigan, Managing Director, Blackrock
- Christopher Hilbert, President – Real Estate Operations, Steadfast Companies
- Michael Klein, Managing Director & COO, Partners Capital Solutions
- Craig Mattison, Senior Vice President, AEW Capital Management
- David Otte, Director – Acquisitions, TIAA-CREF
11:10 AM – Marcus & Millichap Presentation
11:20 AM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Enjoy a delicious mid-morning snack and refreshments, while mingling and comparing notes with active developers, real estate managers, owners, investors, and capital sources.
11:50 AM – A – Concurrent Session
Open-To-Buy: Trending Retail Inventory & Valuations
The session will discuss the future of retail and what’s next for developers, tenants and consumers. We will dig deep into what makes this important industry segment tick, hear valuable leasing stats and investment sales trends, debate e-commerce and the opportunities surrounding it and how tenants and developers will adapt. Major grocery retailers are also making a huge impact on the retail market. Where can this trend expand to?
- Bill Rose, Vice President/National Director – NRG, Marcus & Millichap
- Chris Hite, President & Co-founder, Coreland Companies
- Carl Middleton, Vice President – Acquisitions, Northgate González Markets
- Howard Sands, Founding Principal, Corporate Partners Capital Group
- Dirk Van Wyk, Vice President – Asset Management, BIG Centers USA
11:50 AM – B – Concurrent Session
How Does It All Stack Up: The Latest in Real Estate Finance Leveraged Transactions
Equity and debt capital will be a continual attraction in Southern California development. However, with interest rates projected to rise… investors fear for the future. Find out how to overcome this challenge from leading investors and hear their thoughts on:
- Is there enough product to get the yields they desire?
- How long can rates stay down?
- Why is equity attractive to the West Coast?
- In the demand for capital, can CRE projects still compete against multifamily demand?
- William Hughes, Senior Vice President, Marcus & Millichap Capital Corp.
- Todd Bedingfield, Managing Director – Western Region, AIG
- Mark Carlson, Managing Director, StockBridge Capital
- Christopher Flick, Senior Vice President, PIMCO
- Bobby Khorshidi, President & Principal, Partners Capital
- Paul Rahimian, Owner, Parkview Financial
12:35 PM – A – Concurrent Session
Trends in Office Investing & Development
With a strong regional economy but job growth still working to fill inventory developed prior to the financial crisis, the Southern California’s office market is all about opportunistic trades. The market also focuses on maximizing rents on existing properties as vacancy numbers decrease and selling of un-stabilized properties before interest rates go up. With the addition of new jobs, lack of new inventory and investors coming off the sidelines, it is a seller’s market. This panel will discuss the overall state of office investment and development while answering questions such as:
- With less development going up than usual, where is it taking place and why?
- When will job growth become strong enough for construction to resume to pre-recession levels?
- In which areas are rents highest? As they keep rising, where will companies move next to stay competitive?
- Gary Willard, VP/Regional Director – NOIPG, Marcus & Millichap
- David Bonaparte, Managing Principal, PRES
- Robert Paratte, EVP – Leasing & Business Development, Kilroy Realty
- Christopher Rising, President & COO, Rising Realty Partners
- Ryan Smith, Principal, Peregrine Realty Partners
12:35 PM – B – Concurrent Session
Now That’s Logistics: Investment Trends in Industrial Real Estate
Retail, wholesale, e-commerce and logistics requirements are driving the industrial demand and even with increased construction, steady demand has kept vacancies low.
- Will demand continue and outpace supply?
- What requirements are industrial tenants demanding?
- Can LA meet the distribution demands of the likes of Amazon.com?
- Will the higher rents in Los Angeles be able to compete with those in the Inland Empire?
- Brian Gagne, Senior Vice President – Direct Investments, KTR Capital Partners
- Mark Payne, Partner, Panattoni
- Patrick Schlehuber, Director of Acquisitions, Rexford Industrial
- Kim Snyder, President – US Southwest Region, Prologis
1:15 PM - Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Networking Lunch & Exhibits
2:30 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Afternoon Keynote: Fireside Chat with CREW-LA
- Shireen Enayati, Outgoing 2014 President, CREW-LA
- Crystal Fiedler, President, CREW-LA
3:10 PM – General Session
I Love (Downtown) LA!- Future Development Trends for LA’s Urban Core
Key factors like millennials, significant inflows of investment from foreign investors, massive development projects, and the revitalization of Broadway are the talk of Downtown. Why are developers and investors bullish on Downtown? Learn about the plans for Downtown and how the current projects are creating a hip and cool place to be.
- Rick Poulos, Director – Commercial Markets, NBBJ
- I-Fei Chang, President & CEO, Greenland USA
- Neils Cotter, Vice President – Development, Carmel Partners
- Carol Schatz, President & CEO, LA Downtown Center BID
- Joseph Soleiman, Director of Acquisitions, ICO Group
4:00 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Refreshments and Networking
Join us for the opportunity to enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and network with fellow owners, investors, developers, financiers and operators.